Teaching Writing to Intermediate and Advanced English Learners
After we address the challenges of teaching academic writing, you’ll learn best practices for helping your intermediate and advanced English learners thrive. Supportive resources throughout the course give you an arsenal of tools you can refer back to as your students continue to make progress with their writing.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- describe the critical issues in teaching academic writing to English learners
- explore best practices and resources for teaching writing to intermediate and advanced English learners
- gain a deeper awareness of how one’s personal attitude, values impact teaching and learning
- analyze the role language plays in society
Course fee: $350
Instructor: Frank Bonkowski
Tuition Reimbursement May Apply for Some Districts
3 graduate credits available*!
* Graduate credits available through Brandman University for an additional fee of $225 paid directly to Brandman University. More information available at registration.